Monday, March 2, 2015

HOLA FROM CUSCO

Wow. I apologize in advance this email is going to be so scatter brained.
I am in Cusco!!! We got here last Tuesday morning and spent all day at the mission presidents home for orientation. Wednesday we went into the city and found out who our training companions would be for the next 12 weeks! My comp is Hna. Paez - a latina!!! She is from Colombia and she is THE BEST. She is so patient with me. But, no english... it is SO HARD. I also live with two other latinas which is so fun but so hard! So yes, my spanish has grown so much already and is continuing too! It is incredible to see the Lord helping me everyday.

Anywhosey, I LOVE CUSCO. It is sooooooo beautiful and authentic and the little people are adorable. And the kids! Ahhh my heart. My area is called Tullumayo and is more or less in the heart of Cusco. The hardest thing this week has been breathing! Where I am at sits at more or less 11000 ft so it is SO HARD to breath. Literally my first couple of days I was dying after like 10 steps. But it is getting better! In time Ill be able to get around just fine - my body just needs to get acclamated!

This week we havent really taught any lessons - we have just been getting to know the people! My comp has been in this area for almost 7 months so she has just been showing me around and introducing me to our investigators and to the members! The mission is awesome here. We have a lady in the ward who washes our clothes. Here in Peru we have what you call a Pensionista which is a family in the ward that you pay to cook for you basically. We only have a pensionista for lunch but I am SO GRATEFUL for that. Holy Cow. The food. My stomach. UGH SO MUCH. But it is soooo good - my pensionista is la familia molina! They are the best!

This week has been so difficult and frustrating. A different struggle everday. But the Lord has answered every single one of  my prayers. Already I love Cusco and the people here. Watching people change their lives is incredible. Plus, I gave out my first BOM in the real world today! And he understood everything I was saying! VICTORY.

Until next week! I love you all!! I feel your prayers and I am so grateful to be a missionary!

Hermana Miceli :)

PS : I forgot my camera cord so I cant send pictures but yes, dirt roads here in lots of places. It is sooooooo different.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment