Monday, April 27, 2015

Cuye, marriage, and BAPTISM

Howdy yall!

Wow this week was so good!! Let me start by saying that really the Gift of Tongues is so real! I was asked to give my first talk in Sacrament meeting and to say I was nervous is an understatement. But it was AWESOME yo. Everyone understood me and actually learned something! I spoke on the Book of Mormon and the Bible and why both are equally important for us in this life! With both we have the Fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for this. I am learning to love the Bible just as much as I love the Bible and I know that both can change our lives.

So this week I saw my first Cuye dissection.... literally. HAHA ahhh I was dying. Cuye is Guinea Pig and they eat it here in Peru. Well we stopped by the house of an investigator and her husband had told us she was a little busy but that we could come in. Well we come around the corner and she was "preparing" cuye to send to her grandson in Lima. AHHHH we watched from when she was shaving them, to breaking their teeth, to squeezing out their insides. Yeah..... luckily I wasnt fortunate enough to actually eat the Cuye but Im not sure that I want to after this experience. Sometimes I forget that Im in Peru because so many things are normal for me now but in this moment I was strongly reminded that I am not in America anymore!

This weekend we were able to help with the marriage and baptism of a couple the Elders have been working with! SO INCREDIBLE. Seriously, this couple has been coming to church for over a year and was just now married and baptized! It was such a special day and our family who is set to be baptized was able to come! Ahhh the light in their eyes was incredible. So grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ and to help people change their lives and experience true joy.

Well, I love you all! In 3 week I will be done with my training and will be a REAL missionary with a different company! Es loco how fast the time flies here in the mission. 

xoxo,
Hermana Miceli



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment