Monday, May 4, 2015

LOCA SEMANA

WOW. This week was so good and crazy and full of surprises! I cant believe that already another week has passed and I am writing another email. 4 MONTHS AS A MISSIONARY WWAAAAHT.

On Tuesday we had Multi Zona confernce with our mission President and all of the missionaries here in the different areas in Cusco! It was awesome. We talked a lot about the Doctrine of Christ and specifically repentance and why true repentance is essential in the conversion of any person. Wow, our president is seriously an incredible, spiritually sound man. His wife Hermana Harbertson also spoke to us about our homes, and how we have the responsibility to make our homes a place similar to the temple and a place where the Holy Ghost can always feel comfortable to reside. She shared a quote by Elder D. Todd Christofferson that I really liked: "We go to the temple to make convenants with the Lord, and we return home to keep them." Always remember that the home is the first place where we learn anything in this life. If our homes are in tune with the Spirit of the Lord we will live happier, longer, and with more ETERNAL JOY. :)

On Wednesday we had divisions another time with our Hermana Leaders. It is one time cada cambio (every six weeks) and this time it was my turn to lead my sector! I was with Hermana Vitola from Colombia - She is the best! So humble and silly. It was probably the worst day I have had so far her as far as the work. Haha, perfect timing. We couldnt find anyone all day and were walking and walking and walking. But I learned a lot about faith! That even the slightest amount of faith can work miracles in our lives. And not just faith in cualquier cosa, but faith in our Savior Jesus Christ to lead and guide us in the things that He wants us to do in this life. It was a hard day but good! Plus good practice since in 2 weeks I will be on my own here in my sector with a new companion!

This weekend was LOCO. Yesterday was Dia de la Cruz here... Most simply it was dia de los borrachos (drunks), dia de los perros con pulgas, dia de fiestas en la calle, and dia de NOBODY IS HOME!!! Haha it was rough, but we made it through. My sector is just un poquito peligroso - dont worry mom and dad, I have a personal alarm and a rock in my hand at all times!

This week I learned a lot! Every day is a different adventure and so hard. But somehow it is always worth it. Since I wont email before Sunday, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all of the amazing women in my life. :) You have all shaped me into who I am today and I love each of you more than I can put into words.

Ciao until next week!
Hermana Miceli

Oh ps. The 18th of this month someone from the PRIMER PRESIDENCY is coming to visit us here in Cusco!!! WHAT. Stay tuned for updates.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment