Wednesday, January 21, 2015

SANTA BACA

My title says it all!!! It means Holy Cow. This week has been INSANE. It feels like an eternity since I have seen everyone but it has only been 7 DAYS. WHAT. The CCM (Missionary Training Center in Spanish) is sooooo fun!!! I love it so much more than I thought I would. Sorry if this email is all over the place. I only have an hour and there is sooo much I have to tell!!!
 
So, the journey getting here was pretty stressful. I was all alone on my flight to Lima so when I got here and had to go through customs all alone, mind you no one spoke english, it was scary. I couldnt find any other missionaries when I got through customs and I was freaking out ahhhhh. But then I said probably the most fervent prayer I have ever said in my life and when I turned around I found all of the other missionaries !! I have never been so happy. We got to the CCM at like 1 30 (sorry this spanish keyboard is weird so there is no colon!) and had to get up at 7 30. Safe to say Wednesday was rough. But it was my first day and it was SO MUCH FUN. Seriously I cant explain how fun everything was. My companions name is Hna. Wattles from Las Vegas! And then for now, my roommates are Hermana Crowder from Maryland and Hermana Montgomery from North Carolina. We have two more beds in our room so next week when new missionaries come I think we will get two others. I LOVE THEM ALL SO MUCH. They are the best seriously. In my district there are two hermana companionships and two elder companionships. I HAVE THE BEST DISTRICT EVER. IT IS ALL IN CAPS BECAUSE I CANT EXPRESS HOW INCREDIBLE THEY ALL ARE. Seriously I have been so blessed. Me and my companion laugh all the time and our district is soooo close already just in one week.
 
SO. DAILY SCHEDULE. It is crazy.
6 wake up
6 45 breakfast. Usually they have eggs (fake gross eggs), yogurt, fruit, and toast. I usually eat everything and I try to try everything!
7 30 personal study. In this time we can do whatever we want essentially. Study the scriptures, read preach my gospel, study spanish, anything that is productive!
8 30 to 12 is class. WE LEARN SO MUCH AHHHH. Most days it feels like my head is going to explode. I have the best teachers. Hermano Carpio and Hermana Coca. They are both so funny and so patient with us.
12 is lunch. Okay... SO MUCH RICE AND CHICKEN AND BREAD. The rice is good though! They make it different than in the states. And the bread ahhhhh it is so homemade and good. It is dangerous! So many carbs all the time.
Then in the afternoon we have more class and we get an hour for exercise!! Usually we just run or play basketball or volleyball sometimes with the latinas.
 
The days in the CCM feel like 10 thousand years each. seriously. but I LOVE IT. My spanish is coming along sooo well. The gift of tongues is so real. I am so grateful for how much I have been able to speak and for how much I know already. I am really trying to be humble as well. My comp struggles with spanish so I try to help her as much as I can. It has been such a teaching experience for me! I have sooooo much to learn still in spanish, but I am doing really well!!
 
We taught our first investigator yesterday! They are just our teachers, but it is fun! IT IS SO HARD TO TEACH IN SPANISH AHHHH. But it went okay.
 
Sorry this email is getting way too long. I love you all so much!!! I am so grateful for everything I have and for all of you. The support I have felt this week has been amazing. I cant wait to get out in the field!!!
 
Hermana Miceli!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment