Monday, September 14, 2015

ESTOP

So holy cow, this week has been insane. I literally have felt pulled in a million different directions but at the same time I feel like we didnt do anything... I know we did, but its weird!

Tuesday was AWESOME. When I say awesome in all caps I mean it! We were in Triunfo and we were able to visit Hermana Gladys again! She is a less active and is the best. Although she talks constantly about an Elder who was here over a year ago, I love her. She is super cute and loves to learn. She has also been reading what we have left her in the Book of Mormon! She is a testimony to me that the light of the Gospel can shine in peoples hearts again. We also had an awesome/super hard lesson with Hermana Lydia! We contacted her a while back and when we went her husband was there also. We talked about the Restoration and left them a Book of Mormon. They both have TONS of doubts which is good but it makes it hard to teach them. But I have faith that if this is their time and if the desire to know and earnestly seek then they will know! They are the best. We also met with our investigator Jorge again! It was super cute because we came kind of late and he told us that he had been waiting for us all day. He had to go to the city for something and went around and told all of his neighbors to keep an eye out for us and to make sure that we waited for him if he wasnt there. Haha I love him. We talked about baptism and prayer and he accepted a baptismal date! It is set for the 17th of October! I LOVE teaching him. He has a lot of questions but he is so prepared by the Lord and he helps me to learn each lesson. So stay tuned!

Wednesday we had divisions with the Hermana Leaders. It was super weird to be with my old comp Hermana Salas in our sector again but it was a good day! These last few weeks have been super rough for our branch - a few weeks ago the district presidents wife lost her baby at 8 months, the husband of a lady in the ward passed away last week, our branch presidents wife is having problems with her pregnancy after losing her last baby about a year ago, and then on Wednesday we found out the the Relief Society president of our branch passed away. It was a super huge surprise for everyone! She had been in Lima visiting family. I never knew her - she left for vacation right before I came here to Puerto - but never the less I felt for the people of our branch. I know that all of these trials are preparing us to meet the goal that we have to become a stake here in Puerto! The Lord is helping us to be strong and to trust in Him! It is hard, but His hand is so involved here in the work in Puerto.

Friday we helped Hermana Gladys out in Triunfo to prepare her chacra to grow yuca and potatoes and lots of other things. It was SO HOT

No comments:

Post a Comment